We are often asked on whether to do a first look at your wedding or not. If you are planning your wedding you are probably making that decision right now. So we wanted to share our answers in hopes of shedding some light on the question.
- As wonderful as a first look can by, what are some reasons couples may want to save that special moment for down the aisle?
We believe having a first look is a personal decision. If our bride has her heart on not having the first look then we always support that and then communicate with the planner very clearly about the timeline so we can make sure to get everything we know our couples are going to want for their Wedding Photography.
- Can having a first look allow your day to run more smoothly?
In our opinion, the best thing about a first look is that you get to spend more of your wedding day with your love and emotions are loose and beautiful. With the right team in place, your wedding day can run smoothly either way.
- Do you typically suggest that couples do or do not have a first look moment? Why or why not?
We always tell our couples it is a personal decision. We want their wedding day to be exactly what they want. Our job is to do everything in our power to make our clients happy. If they choose to have a first look that is awesome, we plan a beautiful location for the first look and it is always such a sweet moment. If they choose not to have a first look we ask them to make sure the ceremony happens early enough to give us time to take family photos and couples portraits during cocktail hour.
- As a photographer, what tips do you have for couples who want to do a first look at their wedding?
We have a few tips: * Decide whether you want your first look to be just you and you partner or if you want your bridal party to witness the moment. Communicate this to you photographer so that we can know exactly what you want and help make that happen.
*Discuss with us photographers and planners how much time you may need for all you want, we will help you to plan accordingly.
* Your wedding day should be uniquely yours. There is no rule book for Wedding days. Remember that as you start making decisions for your big day.
Follow your heart when it comes to these decisions.
Enjoy reading and happy wedding planning friends.
Sign up & receive inspiration in your inbox!